Online Zoom Courses: Registration and Policies
All registrations will be online. No in-person registration at Norris Box Office, no mail registration, and no phone registrations will be available.
Online registration for all courses will be accepted each quarter once the brochure has been mailed and posted on this website (http://www.nualumnae.org/continuing_ed). We cannot provide advance notice of the mailing/posting day as it depends on several variables.
To access course registration: go to nbo.northwestern.edu and follow the appropriate steps to enroll in the desired number of courses. Your email confirmation from Norris Box Office verifies your registration but it is not your Zoom entry to class.
Norris Box Office (NBO) INSTRUCTIONS
- Each 9-week online course is $125.00. Registration pays for access to a live webinar and limited-time access to a recording of each week’s 75-minute session.
- There are no multi-course discounts.
- Per Diem pricing is not available for these courses.
- If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must purchase a $10.00 cancellation fee prior to the first webinar for the specific course. Following, a full refund will be processed to the payment card used for the initial purchase.
- No refunds will be given once the first webinar begins.
- Credits are not given for future classes. Registrations purchased after the start of the first session cannot be refunded.
- A transfer, at no cost, to another course offered during the same quarter is an option. Access to the live-streamed session and recording will depend on when the transfer is made. Transferred registrants will not receive a link to both in the week the transfer is made. Contact the [email protected] if you would like to transfer to another course offered during the same quarter.
In order to respect copyright, rights of publicity and other intellectual property rights, our general policy is not to allow video or audio recordings of lectures and class materials.
To be added to the mailing list, use this link to the page on this website: Contact Us.
There are NO In-Person courses offered for WINTER 2021.
In-Person Courses: Policies, Registration, Bus and Parking Information remains as already posted and shown below.
As of Fall 2017 quarter, online registration for Alumnae continuing education courses is the only way to register. Mail-in registrations will no longer be accepted.
Online registration will be accepted each quarter once the brochure has been mailed and posted on this website nualumnae.org. We cannot provide advance notice of the mailing/posting day as it depends on several variables.
To access course registration, go to nbo.northwestern.edu An alternative option for registering online is to do so in-person at the Norris Box Office.
(See their website for hours of operation.)
Continuing Education Seating Policy
As stated in our brochure, be sure to bring your class entry card to each class, as it must be shown to the proctors at the door for entry to the class. Please note: in order to guarantee seating for our registered students, there will be only one time you will be allowed in with a temporary card. After that, you will be required to purchase a replacement card at the per diem price.
Shuttle buses between West Lot D and class locations run every 15 to 20 minutes from 8:30 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. No buses run between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The “Early Bird Lunch Bus” begins loading at 11:00 a.m. for afternoon students planning to eat lunch on campus before class. Buses for afternoon classes then run every 15 to 20 minutes until 12:45 p.m. There is no bus service between 1:00 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Bus service resumes at 1:45 p.m. and continues until twenty minutes after the last class ends, which is usually 2:45 p.m.
Parking in Extreme Conditions
The snow has made parking a challenge in the north portion of the Ryan Field lot where your parking pass is valid. **As long as the permit is hanging and the vehicle is not obstructing or blocking a lane, the vehicle should be fine.** If you have observed these guidelines but still get a ticket, you may do the online appeal within ten days, or go to the Parking Office immediately, 1841 Sheridan Road, inside the Segal Visitors Center garage. This address is on the ticket also.
In order to respect copyright, rights of publicity and other intellectual property rights, our general policy is not to allow video or audio recordings of lectures and class materials
To be added to the mailing list, visit the Contact Us page.
- Before a refund can be issued, your registration card (and parking permit, if applicable) must be returned to:
Alumnae Continuing Education,
P.O. Box 2789, Glenview, IL 60025.
- A $10 cancellation fee must be purchased online.
- If you withdraw from class prior to the first class meeting, a full refund will be given.
- After the first class meeting, an additional $30 fee must be purchased online.
- After the second class meeting, $60 must be purchased online.
- Thereafter, no refunds will be given.
- Credits are not given for future classes.
- A transfer, at no cost, to another class offered during the same quarter is an option, provided there is space available.