Registration and Policies
Online Zoom Courses: Registration and Policies
All registrations are online. No in-person registration at Norris Box Office, no mail registration, and no phone registrations will be available.
Online registration for all courses are accepted each quarter once the brochure has been mailed and posted on this website (http://www.nualumnae.org/continuing_ed). We cannot provide advance notice of the mailing/posting day as it depends on several variables.
To access course registration: go to nbo.northwestern.edu and follow the appropriate steps to enroll in the desired number of courses. Your email confirmation from Norris Box Office verifies your registration but it is not your Zoom entry to class.
Course Registration Information Fall 2021
- EACH 90 minute, 9-week online course is $155.00 for access to both a live webinar and a temporary recording of the week’s session.
- Late registrations require payment of the full course price. Courses cannot be prorated. Late registrants will NOT be able to access recordings from prior weeks if the links and passcodes have expired.
- There is no multi-course discounting.
- There are no per diems for these online courses.
- All registrations will be ONLINE ONLY; no in-person registration at Norris Box Office, no mail-in registration, and no phone registrations will be available.
- Your email confirmation from Norris Box Office verifies your registration but it is not your Zoom entry to class.
- In order to access the first webinar on September 21, your online registration must be completed by midnight, September 16. If you have not completed registration by September 16, we cannot guarantee timely entry to the first sessions on September 21, the first day.
- All presentations will be recorded and will be available for six days following the session. You will be sent an email with the link to the recording within 24 hours of the session.
- All course times listed are in the Central Daylight Time zone (UTC -05:00). Course times will return to Central Standard Time (UTC -06:00) on Sunday, November 7, 2021, at 2 a.m.
- If you withdraw from class prior to the first webinar, a $10 cancellation fee must be purchased online and a full refund will be given to the credit card used for the initial purchase.
- Thereafter, no refunds will be given.
- Credits are not given for future classes. Registrations purchased after the start of the first session cannot be refunded.
- A transfer, at no cost, to another class offered during the same quarter is an option. Access to the live-streamed session and recording will depend on when the transfer is made. Transferred registrants will not receive links to both course sessions in the week the transfer is made. Contact the [email protected] if you would like to transfer to another course offered during the same quarter.
Accessing Online Courses
- Register online at https://nbo.universitytickets.com.
- Upon registering successfully, you will see a six-letter reference code on your screen. Please note this for your records. You will also receive an email from [email protected] confirming your registration and payment.
- If you do not receive the reference code or need help with your registration, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible.
- No new registrations will be accepted after October 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Late registrations are not prorated for missed sessions and will not allow for access to expired recordings.
Access to Live-stream Sessions
- Each session of the course will have its own unique access link. This link will be sent to you by email on the Friday before the session starts. For your convenience, you will also be emailed a reminder with same link one hour prior to the start of each session.
- If you do not see the email with the link, check your spam, junk, trash or deleted messages folders for an email from Norris Technical Services <[email protected]>. If you can’t find the email, please complete the online Help Form at bit.ly/ContEdHelp or contact [email protected] no later than 3 p.m. on the day before the session to ensure timely assistance.
- Plan on “arriving” at the session at least 10 minutes before the session begins.
- Your link is specific to your email and may not be shared. Sharing your links may void your registration without refund.
Access to Recordings
- You will be sent an email with the link to the live-streamed recording within 24 hours of the live-streamed lecture.
- The recording will be available for six days following that week’s session.
- If you don’t receive the email with the link and passcode to the recording, please complete the online Help Form at bit.ly/ContEdHelp or contact [email protected] as soon as possible to ensure timely assistance. Weekend support is not available.
- For additional support, call The Alumnae voicemail number: (847) 604-3569.
In order to respect copyright, rights of publicity and other intellectual property rights, our general policy is not to allow video or audio recordings of lectures and class materials.
To be added to the mailing list, use this link to the page on this website: Contact Us.
There are NO In-Person courses offered for FALL 2021.
In-Person Courses: Policies, Registration, Bus and Parking Information remains as already posted and shown below.
As of Fall 2017 quarter, online registration for Alumnae continuing education courses is the only way to register. Mail-in registrations will no longer be accepted.
Online registration will be accepted each quarter once the brochure has been mailed and posted on this website nualumnae.org. We cannot provide advance notice of the mailing/posting day as it depends on several variables.
To access course registration, go to nbo.northwestern.edu An alternative option for registering online is to do so in-person at the Norris Box Office.
(See their website for hours of operation.)
Continuing Education Seating Policy
As stated in our brochure, be sure to bring your class entry card to each class, as it must be shown to the proctors at the door for entry to the class. Please note: in order to guarantee seating for our registered students, there will be only one time you will be allowed in with a temporary card. After that, you will be required to purchase a replacement card at the per diem price.
Shuttle buses between West Lot D and class locations run every 15 to 20 minutes from 8:30 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. No buses run between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The “Early Bird Lunch Bus” begins loading at 11:00 a.m. for afternoon students planning to eat lunch on campus before class. Buses for afternoon classes then run every 15 to 20 minutes until 12:45 p.m. There is no bus service between 1:00 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Bus service resumes at 1:45 p.m. and continues until twenty minutes after the last class ends, which is usually 2:45 p.m.
Parking in Extreme Conditions
The snow has made parking a challenge in the north portion of the Ryan Field lot where your parking pass is valid. **As long as the permit is hanging and the vehicle is not obstructing or blocking a lane, the vehicle should be fine.** If you have observed these guidelines but still get a ticket, you may do the online appeal within ten days, or go to the Parking Office immediately, 1841 Sheridan Road, inside the Segal Visitors Center garage. This address is on the ticket also.
In order to respect copyright, rights of publicity and other intellectual property rights, our general policy is not to allow video or audio recordings of lectures and class materials
To be added to the mailing list, visit the Contact Us page.