Online Zoom Courses: Registration and Policies
All registrations will be online. No in-person registration at Norris Box Office, no mail registration, and no phone registrations will be available.
Online registration for all courses will be accepted each quarter once the brochure has been mailed and posted on this website (http://www.nualumnae.org/continuing_ed). We cannot provide advance notice of the mailing/posting day as it depends on several variables.
To access course registration: go to nbo.northwestern.edu and follow the appropriate steps to enroll in the desired number of courses. Your email confirmation from Norris Box Office verifies your registration but it is not your Zoom entry to class.
See below new Instructions for Linking to Sessions highlighted in yellow (October 1, 2020).
• Each 9-week online course is $125.00. Registration pays for access to a live webinar and limited-time access to a recording of each week’s 75-minute session.
• There are no multi-course discounts.
• Per Diem pricing is not available for these courses.
• Registrations can only be purchased online at . A payment card is required. No other forms of payment can be accepted. Neither the Norris Box Office nor the Alumnae Continuing Education group will process any other type of registration. There are no exceptions.
• After registering for a course, you should receive a registration confirmation message from the Norris Box Office. It will be sent to the email address associated with your profile. Though it is not your entry to the ZOOM class, it is important that you locate the confirmation as soon as possible. If you don't receive an email, it could mean that there is a problem with how the email address is listed in our system. A typo in your email address could result in the Zoom link being lost. You can correct your information by logging in at , clicking on your name in the purple bar at the top, and then on Edit Profile.
• To access the first webinar on September 22, your online registration must be completed by midnight, Friday, September 18, 2020. If you register on September 19 or later, we cannot guarantee timely entry to the course on September 22, the first day.
• All presentations will be recorded and will be available for six days following that week’s session. The same link can be used to access that week’s live webinar and the recorded session.
• Given the limitations presented by the pandemic, support from customer service will be limited to email correspondence. Please contact [email protected] with any service issues.
Linking to Sessions
• Approximately 24 hours before the start time of each of the nine live sessions, Norris Technical Services will email you a Zoom link for the live lecture. You will also receive two email reminders with the link. The second will arrive receive one hour prior to the start of the session. The emails will be sent from the [email protected] to the email address used when registering. If you don’t see these emails, check your spam, trash, junk or deleted emails folders.
• Plan on clicking on the Zoom link and joining the online session at least 10 minutes before the session begins.
• Your Zoom link is specific to your email address and may not be shared.
• If you cannot attend the live-streaming of the session, you will receive, every week, a link and passcode for limited access to that week’s presentation. The email will be sent from [email protected] to the email address used when registering for the course. The link and passcode expire the day before the next live-streaming session. Recordings cannot be downloaded.
• If you intend to withdraw from a course, you must purchase a $10.00 cancellation fee by Sunday, September 20, 2020. A full refund will be processed to the payment card used for the initial purchase.
• Registrations purchased after the start of the first session cannot be refunded.
• No refunds will be given once the first webinar begins.
• Credits are not given for future classes.
• Contact the [email protected] if you would like to transfer to another class offered during the same quarter. There is no additional cost.
In order to respect copyright, rights of publicity and other intellectual property rights, our general policy is not to allow video or audio recordings of lectures and class materials.
To be added to the mailing list, use this link to the page on this website: Contact Us.
There are NO In-Person courses offered for FALL 2020.
In-Person Courses: Policies, Registration, Bus and Parking Information remains as already posted and shown below.
As of Fall 2017 quarter, online registration for Alumnae continuing education courses is the only way to register. Mail-in registrations will no longer be accepted.
Online registration will be accepted each quarter once the brochure has been mailed and posted on this website nualumnae.org. We cannot provide advance notice of the mailing/posting day as it depends on several variables.
To access course registration, go to nbo.northwestern.edu An alternative option for registering online is to do so in-person at the Norris Box Office.
(See their website for hours of operation.)
Continuing Education Seating Policy
As stated in our brochure, be sure to bring your class entry card to each class, as it must be shown to the proctors at the door for entry to the class. Please note: in order to guarantee seating for our registered students, there will be only one time you will be allowed in with a temporary card. After that, you will be required to purchase a replacement card at the per diem price.
Shuttle buses between West Lot D and class locations run every 15 to 20 minutes from 8:30 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. No buses run between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The “Early Bird Lunch Bus” begins loading at 11:00 a.m. for afternoon students planning to eat lunch on campus before class. Buses for afternoon classes then run every 15 to 20 minutes until 12:45 p.m. There is no bus service between 1:00 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Bus service resumes at 1:45 p.m. and continues until twenty minutes after the last class ends, which is usually 2:45 p.m.
Parking in Extreme Conditions
The snow has made parking a challenge in the north portion of the Ryan Field lot where your parking pass is valid. **As long as the permit is hanging and the vehicle is not obstructing or blocking a lane, the vehicle should be fine.** If you have observed these guidelines but still get a ticket, you may do the online appeal within ten days, or go to the Parking Office immediately, 1841 Sheridan Road, inside the Segal Visitors Center garage. This address is on the ticket also.
In order to respect copyright, rights of publicity and other intellectual property rights, our general policy is not to allow video or audio recordings of lectures and class materials
To be added to the mailing list, visit the Contact Us page.
Before a refund can be issued, your registration card (and parking permit, if applicable) must be returned to:
Alumnae Continuing Education,
P.O. Box 2789, Glenview, IL 60025.
A $10 cancellation fee must be purchased online.
If you withdraw from class prior to the first class meeting, a full refund will be given.
After the first class meeting, an additional $30 fee must be purchased online.
After the second class meeting, $60 must be purchased online.
Thereafter, no refunds will be given.
Credits are not given for future classes.
A transfer, at no cost, to another class offered during the same quarter is an option, provided there is space available.